Experts' firsthand insights
The Trinseo Webinar on "Reduced costs for lacquered surfaces using ColorForm Technology" was held on May 2 and 3, 2017. Trinseo presented this first webinar of an upcoming series together with their partners KraussMaffei and PANADUR based on their successful collaboration at the K 2016.
Philipp Lachner (KraussMaffei), Dr. Gisela Warncke (PANADUR), Nicolaas Hermans (Trinseo), and Rene Kruidenier (Trinseo) came together for an expert presentation introducing
- KraussMaffei ColorForm technology – innovative metering technology for fast color change (2K vs. 2K+1 technology)
- PANADUR lacquer technology – advantages of the 2K and 3K coating systems
- Trinseo PULSE™ AX50 – a PC/ABS substrate particularly developed to provide excellent adhesion performance
High quality surfaces for premium aesthetics
Perhaps you visited the K 2016 and you saw the production of decorative trim parts made from Trinseo's PULSE™ AX50 PC/ABS, lacquered with PANADUR polyurea and manufactured on a KraussMaffei machine in a one-shot process? It is the result of a successful innovative collaboration.
All the partners were facing similar challenges to produce improved high-quality interior components due to increasing customer demands. Cost-efficient manufacturing and lightweight design, excellent adhesion performance and premium haptics and aesthetics are just several keywords from a longer list that describe the current market situation. The three companies developed new solutions to meet these requirements and, focusing on their customers' success, brought their innovations together.
The Trinseo Webinar provided insights into how the combination of these three technologies lead to
- Reduced costs for premium lacquered surfaces
- Improved impact properties
- Excellent adhesion retention
Advantages of PULSE™ AX50 PC/ABS used with isocyanate based lacquers in the ColorForm process
- Hydrolytic stability (adhesion retention)
- High impact strength at room- and low temperature
- Low density
- Heat resistance tailor-made for most automotive interior applications
- Low emissions
- Easy processing
Watch the video of the Trinseo Webinar and learn more about the opportunities to produce highly aesthetic lightweight applications with lacquered surfaces at reduced costs.
If you want to learn more about the featured technologies you can download additional information (PDF format) by clicking the links below. We also offer our Trinseo Webinar presentation in a compressed PPT format (39MB).
Just click below to download additional information:
You want to learn more?
Login or apply for login now!
If you forgot your password click here to request a new one.